TAKING THE NEXT STEP AND SETTING A DIVORCE PLANNING CONSULTATION
You’ve decided you’re ready to move forward with your divorce
- You have done your research and have a handle on the basics. Now you’re ready to get into the details.
- There are many divorce processes to choose from, and each route will impact the procedure and outcome of your case. Now is the time and figure out the right way to do this.
- And you need to find the right divorce law firm to take you through this. Divorce lawyers who understand your values and goals and can put you on the right divorce process for you.
- An initial consultation with a divorce attorney on our team will give you the knowledge and the path going forward to get your divorce done right.
WHY SCHEDULE A DIVORCE CONSULTATION?
The primary benefits of speaking with our legal team now are the control and peace of mind you’ll get, starting with our first conversation. The unknown is what makes your situation overwhelming and stressful. We will help you understand the divorce process and the law. Then, we’ll work together to develop a game plan to help you get through it. Check out How the Divorce Process Works video above to make sure you get the most out of our initial consultation. And if you’re not quite ready to schedule the full consult but rather have more research to do, keep exploring our informational resources online or feel free to call the number below and ask our receptionist to email you specific resources to help you learn. Remember: Our goal is that you leave your meeting with one of our attorneys feeling empowered with a plan of action and a vision of the process to come. Most importantly to know that everything is under control and things are going to get better.
To Get Started, We Will:
- Learn the specific facts of your case
- Identify emergency issues and/or time-sensitive problems and come up with a plan to resolve them first
- Discuss the law and provide guides and resources for you to take home
- Apply the law to your specific case to show the basic outcomes you can expect
- Run child support calculations and alimony guidelines if applicable to get an idea of what a fair result might be for the client
- Determine which divorce process is the best fit for your case, whether it be collaborative, mediation, lawyer-led negotiation, or straight litigation
- Develop our game plan going forward and determine next actions
Step 1: The First Call:
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you call our office to discuss your case for the first time, a member of our team will take the time to learn the specifics about your situation.
Gathering this information right away will help us make sure we’re the right fit for your situation. We’ll also confirm we haven’t spoken with your spouse before in any way that might cause conflict.
During the call, you’ll be able to schedule a consultation with one of our divorce lawyers. Our team will select the best time and location for you.
Step2: The Initial Consultation:
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our divorce planning consultation will likely last between 45 and 75 minutes, during which we will discuss your specific situation, answer your questions, go over how the law will apply to your case, and develop a game plan. We can meet at a convenient location for you, or we can talk over Skype, through electronic communication, or on the phone.
Check out Preparing for Your Divorce Consult to make sure you get the most out of our initial consultation.
And if your not quite ready to schedule the full consult but rather have more research to do, keep exploring our informational resources online or feel free to call the number below and ask our receptionist to email you specific resources to help you learn.
Remember: Our goal is that you leave your meeting with one of our attorneys feeling empowered with a plan of action and a vision of the process to come.