New Port Richey Divorce Lawyer

Book A Consultation

Contact Us Today For A Divorce Case Evaluation

Premier New Port Richey Divorce Attorney

While our firm has offices across Tampa Bay, we started in New Port Richey. We know what its like to walk into that courtroom on little road and have to face a Judge to deal with your private divorce matter. And we can help. All of our New Port Richey Divorce Lawyers have extensive courtroom experience in Pasco Courtrooms. We use the experience inside the courtroom to leverage a good deal in the negotiating room.

The Process Makes The Difference

We know Divorce is tough. But educating yourself on your divorce helps. Below we go over the buts and bolts of divorcing in New Port Richey and Dade City. Child Custody: In Pasco Courts, Child Custody is also known as parental responsibility and time-sharing. Equitable Distribution: Assets and debts accumulated during the marriage must be divided as party of your divorce proceeding. Alimony: Alimony, also known as spousal support is a continued financial maintenance paid to a needy spouse for a term of months or years. Child Support: Florida Courts require the payment of child support in cases where a child is under the age of 18. Child support is based on incomes of the parties, relevant deductions, and the established child custody arrangement. Attorneys Fees: In certain cases , one party might be responsible for contributing some or all of the legal service fees to the other party. Like spousal support, this is highly dependent on the parties’ relevant financial positions. Appeals: Our New Port Richey Family Lawyers handle appeals.

Requirements For A New Port Richey Divorce

Pasco Courts will not grant a divorce because one spouse is bad to the other. Rather, a Pasco Judge wants to know if there are irreconcilable differences between you and your spouse. While neither spouse can use fault as a reason for divorce, it’s often used when determining the division of assets and debts, the establishment of alimony, and child custody arrangements. To divorce, you or your spouse must also have lived in Florida for 6 months prior to the divorce proceedings. To get divorce in Pasco County, either you and your spouse must have resided in Pasco County as the last place during your intact marriage or your spouse must be currently residing in Pasco County. Your New Port Richey Divorce Attorney will ask you questions to make sure that Pasco is the appropriate “venue” for your case. Pasco County Divorce Courts are located in New Port Richey off of Little Road, and in Dade City. The appropriate Court is determined by the Courts based on which side of Pasco County the Petitioner lives on.

Divorcing Without A New Port Richey Divorce Attorney

Commonly referred to as a “simplified dissolution of marriage”, you and your spouse can complete a divorce without a divorce attorney. However, the requirements are quite stringent. Requirements
  • You and your spouse have determined how to split your assets and liabilities.
  • There are no children under the age of 18, adopted or otherwise, in the household.
  • Neither spouse is desires alimony.
  • The wife can’t be pregnant.
  • There’s an agreement to use this form of marriage dissolution.
  • The marriage is “irretrievably broken” in accordance with the legal requirement for divorce.
  • One of the parties has lived in Florida for 6 months prior to the divorce.

FAQs: What If I’m A Victim Of Domestic Violence And I Want A Divorce?

If you’re a victim of domestic violence and looking to escape your marriage, immediately seek help from one of your local domestic violence shelters. After you’re safe, you or your family law attorney can file for an injunction with the court against your spouse to protect yourself from future abuse.

FAQs: My Former Spouse Is Not Letting Me Contact My Children. What Can I Do?

It’s written into Florida law that each parent has the right to regular contact with their minor children after a divorce. Both parents are also encouraged to play their role and share the responsibilities of a child’s upbringing. Only in very rare cases will a judge place a child in the custody of a single spouse. If your spouse is refusing you time with your children on a regular basis, seek out an attorney to help with your case.

FAQ: My Divorce Was Finalized And I’m Not Happy With The Result. What Can I Do?

After your divorce is finalized, you have 30 days to appeal the trial judge’s decision. However, an appellate court will not reverse the decision of a New Port Richey Divorce judge unless they abused their power in some way or they did not follow the divorce and family law. Your appeal will be greatly hindered if your only reason for speaking up is because you’re unhappy with a decision. Consult with your Family Law Attorney if you’d like more information about this process.